Increasingly, we love the Anglo Saxon cakes: cupcakes, cake pops, cakes covered with fondant or icing, interior ganache, cookies covered with icing … And we love candy for flavor, especially for its appearance …We eat by eyes! So when we think of our wedding cake, we think of a beautiful cake, which has nothing to do with those pies and several flats turntables … We want a cake taken from a Bakery in true American style. Obviously, trying not to fall into the tacky (there are many tacky things).
Today I give you some tips when planning your custom wedding cake:
1. Visit try and meet minimum 3 bakeries / pastry. Visit different bakeries in the area and know what they are able of doing, and ask if you consider it appropriate budget. A good opportunity for bakeries and try their specialties are fairs pastries and sweets. In Madrid, Diseña en Dulce was born last year and BCN & CAKE in Barcelona, from two years ago. If you can’t go, nothing happens. On their websites you can find the list of participating exhibitors; you can select a pair and go to the shop personally.
2. Choose the design. The wedding cake is a central element and its design must be consistent with the overall decor of the celebration, so charge the cake when you already have decided part of the decor, the style of your invitations and wedding dress. The colors, fabrics, and even the place of the celebration can inspire those responsible for creating the cake. Choose a cake according to the bride’s bouquet, the color of the decorative elements, floral arrangements etc.
3. Levels. In general, three levels of cake for us would be worth about 100 guests, but let us advise the baker. If you do not like levels, opt for a petite cake for the grooms table nearby and other relatives guests, offers a lot of different cake (though similar). Usually enters the dessert menu at the restaurant but if you have the budget, you can order individual desserts for diners at the same pastry that has made your cake.
4. How much is? No idea. It is so. For custom cakes, custom prices. In general, it is very variable depending on the filling, weight and decoration (if very complicated, little, if carried fresh flowers, edible sugar but ….). The fondant is usually more expensive than buttercream … If you have an idea of what you want, ask for money, do not be shy and say no if you do not agree. If you have a closed budget, say at first of all… to avoid disappointments…
5. Lower the price of the cake. Decides to make a tiny cake for the head table, use flowers and seasonal fruits and forget recharged with fondant shapes (seems to create a cake with fondant decoration is complicated … well, it takes hours …). For other guests, a similar cake with the menu choice be enough ….
6. Ideas. Magazines , websites, blogs, pinterest …. They can give you a thousand ideas for your wedding cake. But do not expect it to be exactly the same. Many times for photographs inedible or even used photoshop … You’ll want to eat the cake, no? ;)
7. The groom’s cake. In the United States and England is popular tradition that the bride groom the cake charge.How did you hear! The Groom’s cake design shown in the hobbies of the groom! It is usually dark (chocolate inside and out) and figures showing what the groom likes: football, tennis, music, beer …Eye with this trend! We bring it all! Yes, the cake is a surprise for the groom ;)
8. Forget the figures of the bride and groom. Unless you want a kitschy wedding, of course! Yes .. have passed into history … Substitute these plastic dolls some characters sugar or a bouquet of edible flowers in the same tones as the overall decor. And if you feel sorry forget them, opt for a biscuit or edible. I would not risk it …. lol …
Reader Rating: 0 Votes